WEP security

I get a message on my Iphone saying that WEP is not secure and urging to change my router to WPA2 or WPA3. How do I do that?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 2:36 PM

To eliminate the weak security warning, change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 2:36 PM in response to alanbc2

To eliminate the weak security warning, change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

WEP security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.