Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Measure app not working

My measure app is not working on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. The level still works but when I try to use the measure feature the screen is all black and the options are all greyed out. I’ve tried to force restart my phone to close and re open app and to delete and redownload and it’s still won’t work.I also have updated to ios 17 but it’s still not working.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 11:24 PM

Bilal678 Said:

"Measure app not working: still not working :("

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Contact Apple Support:

I would contact Apple Support, letting them know that things are not looking good here. Show this to Apple, by performing some screensharing with the Apple Rep while on the phone. Doing so, the Apple Rep will see what is going on from YOUR perspective.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Ask to speak with the Apple Store Staff
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 11:24 PM in response to Bilal678

Bilal678 Said:

"Measure app not working: still not working :("

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Contact Apple Support:

I would contact Apple Support, letting them know that things are not looking good here. Show this to Apple, by performing some screensharing with the Apple Rep while on the phone. Doing so, the Apple Rep will see what is going on from YOUR perspective.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Ask to speak with the Apple Store Staff
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Oct 25, 2023 10:07 PM in response to Bilal678

Bilal678 Said:

"Measure app not working: My measure app is not working on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. The level still works but when I try to use the measure feature the screen is all black and the options are all greyed out. I’ve tried to force restart my phone to close and re open app and to delete and redownload and it’s still won’t work.I also have updated to ios 17 but it’s still not working."

-------

Reset to Factory Settings:

Being this is a builtin app, and you have been having issues with it for a bit, I would consider backing up the iPhone, and then reset your iPhone to Factory Settings. Go here: How to Factory Reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

IMPORTANT: Be certain to create a backup of your iPhone prior to bring it in. That way, you can have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong after the reset.

Measure app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.