I have the Airpods Pro 2nd Gen. - cannot update firmware

I have the Airpods Pro 2nd Gen. Their model number of the case is A2700, both earphones have model number A2698 but on my iPhone the model number is A2618.

Firmware is still 5E135 and hasn't updated to 6A305 and my mic sounds horrible.

I connected the case to a power source and turned on my bluetooth and left the phone in proximity but my airpods won't update.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 5:26 AM

I had a similar issue when using them on an iPhone 6s, its not running ios17 but had updated previous firmware

I was able to fix it by connecting to them my mac, plugged them in via USB cable to the mac and left it about 20 minutes then they updated to the latest firmware

If you do not have access to a mac, it would be worth booking an appointment with Apple to get them updated

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 5:26 AM in response to ChrisGrech93MLT

I had a similar issue when using them on an iPhone 6s, its not running ios17 but had updated previous firmware

I was able to fix it by connecting to them my mac, plugged them in via USB cable to the mac and left it about 20 minutes then they updated to the latest firmware

If you do not have access to a mac, it would be worth booking an appointment with Apple to get them updated

I have the Airpods Pro 2nd Gen. - cannot update firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.