There is no “gift app” option in the App Store.

When trying to gift the “Zen Color“ app from the App Store on my iPad, I go to the sharing button, and there is no “gift app “option there. I have paid for the app, specifically so I can gift it to two other people. Where might I locate the gift app option or find a workaround to this missing button issue?

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 7:00 AM

If Apple has indeed removed the “gift app“ option then, no, this is not helpful in the least. It provides incorrect information, stating that there is a “gift app“ button when you tap “share“ when there is not (and should not) be one. I have seen this article numerous times in my discussions. If the option is no longer available, people need to stop offering this as a viable solution.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 7:00 AM in response to Limnos

If Apple has indeed removed the “gift app“ option then, no, this is not helpful in the least. It provides incorrect information, stating that there is a “gift app“ button when you tap “share“ when there is not (and should not) be one. I have seen this article numerous times in my discussions. If the option is no longer available, people need to stop offering this as a viable solution.

Oct 26, 2023 6:48 AM in response to jamees808

See if this article helps with that Gift apps, music, movies, and more from Apple - Apple Support

How to send a gift from your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the App Store app, iTunes Store app, or Books app.
  2. Tap the item that you want to give.
  3. Tap the Gift button:
    • In the App Store, tap the Share button , then tap Gift App .
    • In the iTunes Store, tap the Share button , then tap Gift 
    • In the Book Store, tap Gift .

1. Follow the onscreen instructions to personalize and send your gift.
  2. After the gift is sent, the recipient gets an email. When they open
  3. the email and click Redeem, the item automatically downloads to their
  4. device.

Oct 26, 2023 8:59 AM in response to jamees808

The gift app button apparently only appears if the basic app itself costs money upfront. Here the basic app itself is free and will not show a gift button. The in-app purchase has to be done by each individual and if you want to gift that you will need to gift funds so the recipient can pay for it theirself. I had an acquaintance check the options for me.

There is no “gift app” option in the App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.