my iphone 14 Pro got wet. The phone works well, but the charging cable won't go into the port. How can I fix it?

I dropped it into the bathtub...but got it out quickly. I put it in a plastic bag with rice for a couple of days.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 8:28 AM

Too late now, but.....

NEVER put the phone in rice. Tiny rice particles.....hard to see....get into the ports and openings and expand, clogging things up.

Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop. You can find a list of authorized service locations in your area by using the link just below:

Find Locations

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 8:28 AM in response to GrammaGirl

Too late now, but.....

NEVER put the phone in rice. Tiny rice particles.....hard to see....get into the ports and openings and expand, clogging things up.

Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop. You can find a list of authorized service locations in your area by using the link just below:

Find Locations

Oct 26, 2023 8:25 AM in response to GrammaGirl

Well, putting it in rice was a bad idea. It's an old wives tail that rice is an effective desiccant for drying out electronics. I'd guess rice dust is now clogging your charging port. Take either a small wooden or plastic toothpick and try to pry out the debris you've now introduced to the charging port. If unsuccessful, schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for service options.

my iphone 14 Pro got wet. The phone works well, but the charging cable won't go into the port. How can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.