Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

How to set up new iPhone with old iPhone

I have already set up my new phone, but it does not have the data and apps from my old phone. How do I do this

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 9:42 AM

You would need to erase the phone and then start over. See the following from Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 - Turn on your new device. A "Hello" screen should appear. If you've already set up your new device, you need to erase it before you can use these steps.* 

* To erase your device that's using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Erase All Content and Settings. On iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This erases all data on your device. After you erase it, your device restarts and the "Hello" screen appears. 

Once you have done that you can use any of the methods in Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The QuickStart method has worked very well for me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 9:42 AM in response to Beach641

You would need to erase the phone and then start over. See the following from Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 - Turn on your new device. A "Hello" screen should appear. If you've already set up your new device, you need to erase it before you can use these steps.* 

* To erase your device that's using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Erase All Content and Settings. On iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This erases all data on your device. After you erase it, your device restarts and the "Hello" screen appears. 

Once you have done that you can use any of the methods in Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The QuickStart method has worked very well for me.

How to set up new iPhone with old iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.