How can I get the right iMovie?

I upgraded Air from OS 10.13.6 to 12.7. Now iMovie that worked on 10.13.6 doesn't work on 12.7.

If I go to the App Store, the only version I can see requires 13.4 or higher, but 12.7 is the most current version my Air can handle.

How can I get a version of iMovie that works with 12.7?

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 11:53 AM

Move your iMovie app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign to the app store with your Apple I.D. Your Account folder will display the apps that you have obtained. iMovie will be one of those apps. Click on update (or the upload cloud icon if there is one). iMovie will be updated to the highest version that your operating system. After the update, you can empty the trash.

— Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 11:53 AM in response to gyandev

Move your iMovie app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign to the app store with your Apple I.D. Your Account folder will display the apps that you have obtained. iMovie will be one of those apps. Click on update (or the upload cloud icon if there is one). iMovie will be updated to the highest version that your operating system. After the update, you can empty the trash.

— Rich

How can I get the right iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.