iPhone 15 pro max uploads terrible quality video to Instagram?

I recently bought the 15 pro max because of how much fuss has been made about the camera. I'm a content creator and thus I create a lot of video for Instagram - mostly through their reels and IG stories. So far, the video quality has been absolutely diabolical upon upload, even more so than my 13 pro max, which was okay.

When shooting using the app, the camera footage is great, but when you upload to IG, it's INCREDIBLY grainy, laggy, and blurry.

I shoot normally in 4k 60fps and upload the same on IG. I know IG accepts up to 1080 30fps, but my footage always ends up super clear regardless when I would use my 13 pro.

If I shoot in 1080 30fps or 60fps, the quality gets even worse on IG.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 11:20 AM

3 replies

Oct 26, 2023 2:04 PM in response to steeviefantastic

steeviefantastic wrote:

I recently bought the 15 pro max because of how much fuss has been made about the camera. I'm a content creator and thus I create a lot of video for Instagram - mostly through their reels and IG stories. So far, the video quality has been absolutely diabolical upon upload, even more so than my 13 pro max, which was okay.

When shooting using the app, the camera footage is great, but when you upload to IG, it's INCREDIBLY grainy, laggy, and blurry.

I shoot normally in 4k 60fps and upload the same on IG. I know IG accepts up to 1080 30fps, but my footage always ends up super clear regardless when I would use my 13 pro.

If I shoot in 1080 30fps or 60fps, the quality gets even worse on IG.

There is no issue with your iphone 15 as you stated quality is perfect within the app.

Talk to instagram and let them know.

May 15, 2024 1:44 AM in response to steeviefantastic

Hello, I am an iPhone 13 pro user but I face the same issues as you. As you have mentioned that you didn’t suffer much on your 13 pro, may I know what were your camera settings, which app do you use for editing and what were your export settings on it? Also, can you please share some handy tips for the camera of 13 pro. I struggle in posting 4k videos as it gets suppressed straightaway to 720p or 480p directly from my gallery or if I export the same from another app in some lesser quality when compared to the original.

iPhone 15 pro max uploads terrible quality video to Instagram?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.