jumpy apple mouse

Hard to control mouse. Slow and jumpy. I turn it off from the back and wait a minute or so and turn it back on and it will work fine. It is part of an iMac, retina 5k, 27”, 2019. But after an hour or so of using it, it starts the jumpiness and slowness once again. What should I do?

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 12:14 PM

I tried to delete my question because I think I’ve answered it myself, but couldn’t delete it, so I’ll reply to myself and it might help someone: I’ve always used at mouse pad, mainly because it has a wrist pad, so I decided to just put the mouse on my desk and now it works perfectly well. Maybe the mouse got tired of the mouse pad? I’ve had no problems for three years but now at least it works fine.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2023 12:14 PM in response to Ruth54

I tried to delete my question because I think I’ve answered it myself, but couldn’t delete it, so I’ll reply to myself and it might help someone: I’ve always used at mouse pad, mainly because it has a wrist pad, so I decided to just put the mouse on my desk and now it works perfectly well. Maybe the mouse got tired of the mouse pad? I’ve had no problems for three years but now at least it works fine.

jumpy apple mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.