Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I accidentally broke the metal piece of the earphone off in the top hole of my iPad and have no sound on my ipad

I have an older iPad which has the earphone port on the top and the bottom. I was listening to the iPad and was using the old plug in version of the earphone when I dropped the iPad and the metal piece broke off in the top hole of the iPad and I cannot hear anything unless I use the Bluetooth earbuds.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 10:56 AM

It appears that you have a 2012 iPad mini model. AFAIK, it only has a single headphone connector, but does also include a Lightning port.

With the headphone plug still inserted, it would disable the iPad's internal speakers. Unless you can remove the plug from the headphone jack, this can't be resolved.

3 replies

I accidentally broke the metal piece of the earphone off in the top hole of my iPad and have no sound on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.