Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Homepod Mini - Play the news: "sorry, there is a problem with Apple Podcasts"

Ok so I’ve had this problem for a while now. Think since HomePod OS 16. Still have it with the latest OS at time of writing 17.1

I used to be able to say “Hey Siri, play the sky news headlines” and the latest news update from Sky News would follow. This as I say stopped working and Siri just responds "here’s the latest news… Sorry, there is a problem with Apple Podcasts". If I say play the BBC news headlines it works. My HomePod mini defaults to Sky News and even if I say switch to BBC News it does so but the next time I ask for the news it’s default is still Sky News…which doesn’t work.

Ive completely restored my HomePod mini to factory settings by plugging it in to my MacBook Pro and restoring there. Problem still exists. I can’t believe I’m the only one that has this problem.

Any one in the UK that has this same problem? Please help, driving me crazy.

HomePod mini

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 6:54 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 22, 2024 2:38 PM in response to lastcoyote

I am having the same issue but in Canada, HomePod OS 17.4 (although this has been going on for a number of updates). It used to play CBC News by default, I just tried asking for it to play CTV news the same way you worded it (Hey Siri, play the CTV news headlines) but I still get the same error. I am not sure how to word it for any other news outlets. I did try "Hey Siri, play the BBC news headlines" which you had mentioned is working for you, but instead it tries to play a (30 minute) episode of a BBC Global News podcast instead of the typical ~5 minute news headline summary.

Homepod Mini - Play the news: "sorry, there is a problem with Apple Podcasts"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.