Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Lock Screen weather widget missing icon for snow weather.

On the Weather wallpaper lockscreen, a few weather related widgets are placed by default. One shows the amount or likelihood of precipitation over the next hour. This has always worked fine with rain, but tonight I got snow for the first time and noticed the icon representing snow is missing, doing a generic white page icon.

I've included a picture of the widget so you know which one I mean.

I've tried removing the weather app from the phone and re-adding it. There was also a minor update to iOS 17, but I've applied it and the bug continues. The phone says there are no new versions to update to.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 7:48 AM

Same here. Just did the new update also an still shows that blank page. I live in MInnesota. That page will be around for several months as it only happens with snow. Please fix it. This is an expensive phone to have it looking like it's broken.

34 replies

Nov 8, 2023 5:35 AM in response to Vyvian8

Update your iPhone to iOS 17.1.1

See -> About iOS 17 Updates -> About iOS 17 Updates - Apple Support

iOS 17.1.1

This update provides bug fixes for your iPhone including:

• In rare circumstances, Apple Pay and other NFC features may become unavailable on iPhone 15 models after wireless charging in certain cars
  • 👉 Weather Lock Screen widget may not correctly display snow

Oct 29, 2023 12:26 PM in response to SravanKrA

Apologies, I mispoke a bit in describing the widget not realizing they had names. This second widget I am taking a screenshot of is the bugged widget (I guess it is called "Conditions"). As you can see, instead of a cloud dropping snow like the icon would (based on how the rain one looks), you can clearly see it is the blank page icon. The reason I'm on the drop widget screen instead of just showing it placed was to show I had tried removing the widget and placing it again, only to discover it's also broken in the select widget menu as well as when it is placed.

Lock Screen weather widget missing icon for snow weather.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.