iPhone 15 Pro Max Drops Home WiFi Network and Forgets Password (with images)

My iPhone 15 Pro Max constantly drops my home WiFi and forgets the password, forcing me to re-enter it several times a day, and without fail, overnight.

This definitely feels like this is an OS bug. Here's why:

This is my iPhone XS running iOS 17.1. Notice that it properly displays a password field in the network info page.

This is my iPhone 15 Pro Max, also running iOS 17.1, on the same WiFi network. Notice there is no password displayed on the network info page.

I'll notice that my iPhone is no longer on WiFi so I re-select my existing network which prompts for a password. This means the phone recognizes/remembers the network itself, but has either forgotten the password or thinks the config has changed enough to warrant a password update. The password field is displayed as long as I don't navigate away from that info page. As soon as I navigate and return to the network's info page, the password field is missing. And this feels like a/the clue as to what's causing the issue.

I don't know the specifics of the WiFi spec, so I can't tell if the phone is dropping the WiFi and then resetting the password, or if it's dropping the WiFi because it forgets the password. Or neither. Or both.

My XS has not yet exhibited the dropping/forgetting issue, and no other devices on my network have an issue staying connected. The 15 is using 6E to connect, but I have a laptop that also uses 6E without a single issue.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 29, 2023 12:28 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 15 Pro Max Drops Home WiFi Network and Forgets Password (with images)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.