I keep my TV media on an external drive. Recently added videos have been added to my internal drive. How can I fisx that?

I keep my TV media on an external drive. I have been adding videos, without any problem since I bought my MacBook Pro in February 2023. Since September 20, however, the videos that I have added have been, incorrectly added to the TV Media Folder on my internal disk. How can I fix this and prevent it from happening again?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 7:33 AM

Open TV

Go to TV > Settings > Files

Ensure that the path there points to your external drive and that organize library is selected.

Then go to File > Library > Organize library

Your files will move to the external drive

Ensure that the drive is mounted before adding files and this won't be an issue.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2023 7:33 AM in response to kingfisher500

Open TV

Go to TV > Settings > Files

Ensure that the path there points to your external drive and that organize library is selected.

Then go to File > Library > Organize library

Your files will move to the external drive

Ensure that the drive is mounted before adding files and this won't be an issue.

I keep my TV media on an external drive. Recently added videos have been added to my internal drive. How can I fisx that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.