Final cut pro x - how to export an mp4 video with 192kbps audio quaity

I need to export a video file at 1920x720 in mp4 format and the audio line must be at 192kbps.

when i try that on fcpx, using h.264 codec, it automatically uses AAC at 48kbps…the only way I found to get the setting I need was using one of Apple’s compression codec but then they are not compatible with browser nor windows machines (even if played on quicktime for windows). In my mac it plays perfectly but everywhere else it plays just the sound, video is black. Is there another way to set the file to be exported with the characteristics I need?

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 8:22 AM

The audio output is sampled at 48KHz, not 48kbps...

48KHz is the standard audio sample rate for video.

You probably need to use Compressor or, absent Compressor, use HandBrake, if you want to have more tight control of these settings. With Compressor, it is easy to create a "compressor setting" to export at some desired frame size, frame rate, and audio sample rate.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2023 8:22 AM in response to CarlosNettoSK

The audio output is sampled at 48KHz, not 48kbps...

48KHz is the standard audio sample rate for video.

You probably need to use Compressor or, absent Compressor, use HandBrake, if you want to have more tight control of these settings. With Compressor, it is easy to create a "compressor setting" to export at some desired frame size, frame rate, and audio sample rate.

Final cut pro x - how to export an mp4 video with 192kbps audio quaity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.