Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro, iMessages not working on WiFi

I have an iPhone 15 Pro. When I am home I have no Cellular signal but a great WiFi one. However I am not able to send/receive iMessages/Text messages. Instead of a signal bar I have SOS and every message I try to send says "Not Delivered". I believe I have all the settings correct on the device to enable this.

I am not sure how to move forward, receiving txt messages is crucial as many services require it for 2fa.

Thank you

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 10:02 AM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2023 7:58 PM in response to HKChad

I have been able to solve this. Issue was the ipsec-events.rules on my Suricata firewall were causing the unpublished IPs Verizon uses for WiFi calling to be blocked, these are specific for iPhones (why they can't just publish is beyond me, the other big 2 have nice help pages for their IPs and ports used). Once the ip blocks were removed and the rule disabled WiFi calling and SMS worked with issue.

Hope this helps someone else out.

iPhone 15 Pro, iMessages not working on WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.