Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 pro max has black screen. Will not turn on

I phone 15 pro max has back scree will not turn on

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 2:47 AM

Try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions: Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue still persists, since your iPhone is covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2023 2:47 AM in response to HenryWood

Try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions: Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue still persists, since your iPhone is covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Nov 6, 2023 7:24 AM in response to HenryWood

Yesterday I went to the Apple Store after purchasing my brand new iphone 15 pro max online. The pickup experience was great but when we went to transfer my data from my Samsung phone that I loved to my iphone, the Iphone went DEAD. Would not power on. They put it on a charger and it did not even seem to be charging.

Well it gets to be "fun". The number for my cell service had already ported over. But now we need to get me a NEW Iphone. We can't get the new iphone to port because of all sorts of weirdness so I wound up having to goto the Tmobile store and they had to force it to the new phone. So far I'm not impressed.

iPhone 15 pro max has black screen. Will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.