Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

how much will i be to fix a water damaged iphone 14 plus?

It turns off every 5 ish minutes like it powers off completely. I put it in rice, and left it overnight. Italso glitches a little.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 4:13 PM

Old wives' tale. Putting the phone in rice makes thing worse. Tiny rice particles get into the iPhone ports and openings and expand, clogging things up and not allowing water to easily drain.

Water damaged phones are not fixed, they are replaced. In most cases water damage is not covered by AppleCare, although your options may improve if you have AppleCare+.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2023 4:13 PM in response to karyme209

Old wives' tale. Putting the phone in rice makes thing worse. Tiny rice particles get into the iPhone ports and openings and expand, clogging things up and not allowing water to easily drain.

Water damaged phones are not fixed, they are replaced. In most cases water damage is not covered by AppleCare, although your options may improve if you have AppleCare+.

how much will i be to fix a water damaged iphone 14 plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.