Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

FCPX title, like 'Continuous' or 'Custom' that fades in WITHOUT 'Outline' or 'Glow'??

I want the title to appear letter by letter, as happens with Continuous or Custom. But both those also have an Outline & Glow ... even when I turn those functions off (and set Face Color, Outline Color, and Glow Color all to white) ... the text still slides in slightly glowing or blurred before it appears sharp.

I just want to have my text appear letter by letter (from whatever direction or centre) but clean, no effect.

I can't seem to find any other FCPX title plug-in that will do this, arrive clean, no effect.

Any suggestions?

All ears, Ben

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 7:37 AM

If I understand correctly this may be what you're looking for.

What I usually do is throw a Custom text element on, then in the Title Inspector set the opacity to zero and the In Sequencing to Character. Then you can adjust the speed with In Duration to a limited degree.

2 replies

Nov 1, 2023 7:52 AM in response to W. Raider

Hey W. Raider,

Good idea. Works much better. No glow and funky yellows. But it's also made me aware that my eyes are throwing in their own glow when white text slides over dark background. D'ya think it might have something to do with my ten hour days in the edit room?

Thank you for this, very helpful. And, ha ha ha, duh, it's been something that's bothered me for years ... and I always did some other kind of work around, or used a different text element, that was never satisfying.

Much appreciated, Ben

FCPX title, like 'Continuous' or 'Custom' that fades in WITHOUT 'Outline' or 'Glow'??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.