Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 pro max turns WiFi on by itself

Why does Wi-Fi turn itself On , I turn it off at night? I wake up and it’s on this is very annoying and needs to be fixed. I’m not the only one having this issue.

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Chilll wrote:

Why does Wi-Fi turn itself On , I turn it off at night? I wake up and it’s on this is very annoying and needs to be fixed. I’m not the only one having this issue.

And you turned it off by going to settings - wifi - OFF?

9 replies

Nov 2, 2023 8:32 AM in response to razmee209

Yes, I turned it off. Like I said, I know what I am doing. I could actually work in the IT department I’m very technically skilled, Ive never had this problem with my pixel 2xl, The fact that Wi-Fi turns on by itself when I purposely turn it off in settings is very annoying . Last night not only did I turn it off I also enable airplane mode then when I woke up I turned airplane mode off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth came on by itself.

Nov 2, 2023 9:22 AM in response to KiltedTim

I just realize I screwed up with the last message reply I gave I feel like an idiot. I was turning it off in control center . Been working late hours not thinking straight. I did not turn it off in settings which I thought I was doing but it was Control center which I found out is a temporary turn off. I think it turned itself back on at 6 AM.. so tonight I’m going to turn it off in settings not control center. Thank you very much for your help.

Nov 2, 2023 9:25 AM in response to razmee209

I have to apologize. I wasn’t thinking straight very tired. Apparently I thought control center would turn it off and leave it off. I did not turn it off in Settings which I will do tonight you have to excuse me. I just came from an android phone two days ago after 20+ years back to iPhone and I thought it would turn off like android phone and not come back on on android, there is no control center directly in settings that’s why I thought it was the same so please ignore that last message. I wish I could delete it because I feel really dumb. Thank you so much.

Nov 2, 2023 9:28 AM in response to Chilll

Chilll wrote:

I have to apologize. I wasn’t thinking straight very tired. Apparently I thought control center would turn it off and leave it off. I did not turn it off in Settings which I will do tonight you have to excuse me. I just came from an android phone two days ago after 20+ years back to iPhone and I thought it would turn off like android phone and not come back on on android, there is no control center directly in settings that’s why I thought it was the same so please ignore that last message. I wish I could delete it because I feel really dumb. Thank you so much.

No worries, no need to feel dumb, it's a still a learning experience with a new phone.

Nov 2, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Chilll

I see you've got this sorted, but I have to ask why you feel it necessary to turn Wifi off at night? One of the best things you can do with your iPhone is plug it in to charge at night, leaving it on the charger all night, with Wifi turned on. This ensures your iPhone will automatically backup so you're never missing more than a days worth of data, should something unfortunate happen and need to restore the phone from a backup.

Nov 3, 2023 1:13 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I like to turn Wi-Fi and data off during the night. I don’t want it on , I only leave those settings on when I’m using the phone, I’ll do updates or anything during the day. I definitely don’t want to leave it charging all night. I don’t trust these batteries if they ever go on fire or explode, rather charge it when I’m around and awake. maybe I’m old-school, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Nov 3, 2023 1:25 PM in response to Chilll

Do what you want, it's your phone. iPhone's don't routinely go up in flames. They have very sophisticated heat and battery management systems built into them. If you're really concerned about Wifi causing issues when you sleep, have you considered how much more power the cellular radio uses compared to Wifi? Given your concerns, you'd likely be better off powering the phone off at night completely, because what you're doing, honestly doesn't make that much sense in the modern age.

iPhone 15 pro max turns WiFi on by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.