How did my camera end up being accessed from the lock screen?

I just noticed that my camera is now accessible from the lock screen - and the microphone turned on - even though I have the camera turned off on my phone... and I'm in lockdown mode! I didn't set this up, but I am wondering whether it's something from one of the updates. Any way to remove this?

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 8:42 AM

You asked - Any way to remove this?

Unfortunately, I do not see a way to remove that. But you can leave feedback for Apple here:

Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies

Nov 1, 2023 8:34 AM in response to Community User

It's very easy to access the camera from the Lock Screen. On the bottom of the Lock Screen on the right is a camera icon and on the left if the flashlight icon. If you push on the camera icon on your Lock Screen, you open the camera. Also, when you are on the lock screen, if you swipe from right to left, it will open the camera.

Could this be what you're referring to?

Nov 1, 2023 8:52 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks for the quick response. Actually, no. I just discovered the icon there and was wondering how it got there. There are a lot of weird things going on with my devices... I won't get into that now, but this was the latest.... and I couldn't remember whether this was a part of an update or not.

How did my camera end up being accessed from the lock screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.