You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio M2 Ultra or Macbook Pro 16" M3 Max

I process tons of photos and videos and due for upgrade. Need help on deciding whether to buy a Mac Studio M2 Ultra or Macbook Pro 16" M3 Max. I appreciate your input!

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 3:53 PM

You pay dearly for the light weight and portability of the MacBook Pro, and its fabulous built-in display. If you do not need that portability, or are thinking of bypassing the built-in display, you are wasting your money with the MacBook Pro solutions -- they are optimized for stuff you don't care about.

The question I try to ask is, "what are the shortcomings of the system you are using now, and will the new system satisfy those shortcomings?"

Computers will always be faster, better, and cheaper if you wait. But at some point, you just have to hold your nose and vote for the least objectionable one and go get your work done. That they will too soon replace it with a better one is completely unavoidable.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2023 3:53 PM in response to aalaan

You pay dearly for the light weight and portability of the MacBook Pro, and its fabulous built-in display. If you do not need that portability, or are thinking of bypassing the built-in display, you are wasting your money with the MacBook Pro solutions -- they are optimized for stuff you don't care about.

The question I try to ask is, "what are the shortcomings of the system you are using now, and will the new system satisfy those shortcomings?"

Computers will always be faster, better, and cheaper if you wait. But at some point, you just have to hold your nose and vote for the least objectionable one and go get your work done. That they will too soon replace it with a better one is completely unavoidable.

Mac Studio M2 Ultra or Macbook Pro 16" M3 Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.