Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Safari vwon't let me see the actual webpage.

I open safari, enter a website as normal but lately the web page opens momentarily then another page quickly opens that is sorta of a generalization of the web page but without any choices. You can't click anything . . .can't even back out.

This started a while ago but for this life of me, I can't figure out what changed to cause this.

Can anyone out there help and old man regain his MBP back. . . Please.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 5:19 AM

dorald wrote: I open safari, enter a website as normal but lately the web page opens momentarily then another page quickly opens that is sorta of a generalization of the web page but without any choices. You can't click anything . . .can't even back out.

Are you perhaps going into "Reader View" by mistake?

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-use-reader-view-in-safari/

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2023 5:19 AM in response to dorald

dorald wrote: I open safari, enter a website as normal but lately the web page opens momentarily then another page quickly opens that is sorta of a generalization of the web page but without any choices. You can't click anything . . .can't even back out.

Are you perhaps going into "Reader View" by mistake?

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-use-reader-view-in-safari/

Nov 1, 2023 8:26 PM in response to GeeZ06

GeeZ06,

Thank you for your response and suggestion. Unfortunately it didn’t help. I’m afraid that I haven’t described my problem correctly and I’m not sure how to better describe it without using screen pictures of exactly what I’m experiencing. Any suggestions on how to do that GeeZ06? I’m not very computer savvy.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

dorald

Nov 1, 2023 9:29 PM in response to dorald

Hello dorald, On your MBP you can do a selective screen shot by pressing Shift Command and then the number 4. Your mouse pointer will turn into a CrossHair and with your touchpad you can move it around the screen. To make a screenshot hold down the touch pad and move the CrossHair around the area you want to take a pic of. When you have enclosed the area you want let up on the touchpad. Not sure where your screenshots go, but on my MBP I have a desktop screenshot folder that my screenshots go into. If you mess up getting the screenshot just try again and if you want to get out of the screenshot crosshair just press your esc key upper left on keyboard. To send the screenshot to the community just press the picture icon that is second one from the right and choose an option in the popup. Try not to send information that would be personal or sensitive in your screenshot.

Nov 2, 2023 7:39 AM in response to GeeZ06

GeeZ06,

Please see Tom Gewecke's very helpful response about being on "Reader View". That was it . . very embarrassing but I'm glad to have the fix now. What I'm wondering is how my MBP and my iPad both were switched to that. I don't know how I did that but must of. . .

Thank you for jumping in and helping. Great community here. Think I'll be using this more often.

dorald

Safari vwon't let me see the actual webpage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.