Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Want to remove false autofill my phone saved on its own

I’ve seen all the FAQ’s that explain to correct autofill you go to Safari and edit autofill there. That doesn’t solve my problem. My Safari has my correct contact card selected and autofills that information just fine.

The other day I filled out a form with bogus information to advance through the site but not give out my personal info so as to not get follow-up I didn’t want. Now it recommends autofilling that bogus info each time I visit another website. That information is not tied to my autofill info in Safari. So how do I get it to quit coming up?

In the bar where the autofill options are asked, it provides both my name and the bogus name to choose from. I only want my name to be there. I don’t want the bogus name to keep being an option. And I don’t want my phone to memorize new bogus information. I want it to only autofill the information I’ve tied to that setting in Safari.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 6:04 AM

Disregard. I finally figured this out on my own. Every time I search “how to edit autofill on iPhone” it tells me to go to Safari, which is apparently not an accurate answer. It’s only true if Safari is the default browser. My default browser is Edge. Not making sense Safari was the answer I kept going into Edge in iPhone settings but there was no autofill menu, so I was stuck, and kept getting told to use Safari settings to fix my problem.

I finally figured out the solution is to go into the settings within Edge once Edge was opened. It allows you to wipe autofill data there. You can’t select what to wipe and not wipe (it’s all or nothing on iPhone) like you can with the desktop interface, but at least it wipes the bad data and I’ll just have to re-establish the good data.

This ticket can be closed. I actually looked for a delete button since I’m the only one that worked this, but I couldn’t figure out how to do that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2023 6:04 AM in response to Vegan_Hiker

Disregard. I finally figured this out on my own. Every time I search “how to edit autofill on iPhone” it tells me to go to Safari, which is apparently not an accurate answer. It’s only true if Safari is the default browser. My default browser is Edge. Not making sense Safari was the answer I kept going into Edge in iPhone settings but there was no autofill menu, so I was stuck, and kept getting told to use Safari settings to fix my problem.

I finally figured out the solution is to go into the settings within Edge once Edge was opened. It allows you to wipe autofill data there. You can’t select what to wipe and not wipe (it’s all or nothing on iPhone) like you can with the desktop interface, but at least it wipes the bad data and I’ll just have to re-establish the good data.

This ticket can be closed. I actually looked for a delete button since I’m the only one that worked this, but I couldn’t figure out how to do that.

Want to remove false autofill my phone saved on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.