Garageband Input Monitoring broken

I am on a MacBook Air M2 Running Sanoma 14.2 GarageBand V10.4.8

I run an iRIG HD2 to record my guitar. This is selected as an input in Garageband and is monitored by turning on the input monitoring switch. This has worked great for the last year with no issues. Suddenly, it sounds like I have a chorus, flange, and phase shifter all going at the same time and the sound is all broken up. It does this in NO other app. Including Logic Pro. Sound is clean and perfect even at 32ms of buffer. Garageband however is hosed. I am currently using it for a collab with another person. I have tried everything including re-installing GB, iRig, everything. And again, this is only in GB. No other program has this issue. And this is with NO plugins running. Just plugging the guitar in and strumming with the input monitor on. HALP!!!!

*Literally just solved*

For some reason, VOICE ISOLATION was arming itself out of nowhere. I changed the Mic Mode from Voice Isolation to Standard and BOOM back in business. Hope this helps anyone else as dumb as me.

MacBook Air 15″

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 2:41 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Garageband Input Monitoring broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.