Connect samsung t7

How to connect samsung ssd T7 with MacBook Air M2 2022

MacBook Air, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 7:22 AM

my Samsung T7 drive came with both an USB-A to USB-C cable and an USB-C to USB-C cable. I used the USB-C to USB-C cable to connect it to my iMac. since you have only USB-C / TB3 inputs on your Mac, use the USB-C to USB-C cable to connect it.

7 replies

Nov 3, 2023 7:41 AM in response to aad161

there should be no problems with using it. but please ensure that you don't use any bundled software, nor install such software yourself, that supposedly makes a drive "Mac ready". when you use software from just about any manufacturer for their storage device you run the risk of that same software not being compatible with macOS updates / upgrades. it can cause the software to stop working. at best this will cause you a headache. at worst it can render your data inaccessible. it is always best to use disk utility to erase and format a drive before use to remove any preloaded software. and this appears especially true when it comes to Samsung software.

please see Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Connect samsung t7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.