Private mode in Safari strangely opened Viber link

I was using private mode on Safari on my Macbook Air when it suddenly opened a Viber link.

I'm scared that my browser or machine is compromised since how the **** could that happen except if someone controlled the mouse and pasted that URL while I was using it? Can someone please explain?

[Edited by Moderator] 

Windows

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 12:02 PM

I was using private mode on Safari on my Macbook Air when it suddenly opened a Viber link leading to the blog page.

I'm scared that my browser or machine is compromised since how the **** could that happen except if someone controlled the mouse and pasted that URL while I was using it? Can someone please explain?

[Edited by Moderator] 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2023 12:02 PM in response to lurkerneedshelp

I was using private mode on Safari on my Macbook Air when it suddenly opened a Viber link leading to the blog page.

[Edited by Moderator] 

Private mode in Safari strangely opened Viber link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.