You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft login problems

phone got messed up so i decided to revive an old 1 in the time being. After entering my icloud details my Microsoft account shows a question mark next to it meaning all the stuff saved under it cannot be accessed (contacts amd stuff). When i click on it there’s a password requirement but upon entering the password nothing happens. Before that there a “null” screen I don’t know what it means. I logged in and out of my icloud so many times but no difference. Restarted the phone also, unfortunately I can’t seem to ask a question on the stupid Microsoft forums. Someone please help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 10:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 10:55 PM

NationSA Said:

"Microsoft login problems: [...]When i click on it there’s a password requirement but upon entering the password nothing happens.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iPhone App Signins:

Create and Use an App Password:

Note that you would need a new App Password, being that Mail is a third party app. You cannot log in using your eMail address password. As an example, go here for HotmailManage app passwords for two-step verification - Microsoft Help. When you ge the App Password, use Copy & Paste.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2023 10:55 PM in response to NationSA

NationSA Said:

"Microsoft login problems: [...]When i click on it there’s a password requirement but upon entering the password nothing happens.[...]"

-------

Create and Use an App Password:

Note that you would need a new App Password, being that Mail is a third party app. You cannot log in using your eMail address password. As an example, go here for HotmailManage app passwords for two-step verification - Microsoft Help. When you ge the App Password, use Copy & Paste.

Nov 3, 2023 11:48 PM in response to NationSA

"thank you for the response. But im A bit lost. The first screenshot is before I delete the account, the 2nd is when I add the account then that pop up appears after I click okay then there’s the 3rd screen. Mind you this is my apple id. I saw a post about disabling two step verification on the Microsoft website but mine wasn’t even on so I couldn’t turn off what wasn’t on to begin with."

-------

Do you Use a Hotmail or Outlook Account?

If so... Using this: Microsoft Authenticator on the App Store

Nov 3, 2023 11:35 PM in response to TheLittles

thank you for the response. But im A bit lost. The first screenshot is before I delete the account, the 2nd is when I add the account then that pop up appears after I click okay then there’s the 3rd screen. Mind you this is my apple id. I saw a post about disabling two step verification on the Microsoft website but mine wasn’t even on so I couldn’t turn off what wasn’t on to begin with. 😭

Nov 4, 2023 1:17 AM in response to NationSA

NationSA Said:

"I use Microsoft. Isn’t there another way? I just tried downloading the app my iOS version is old. I’m currently using an old 5s till my phone comes back from repairs. It’s been weeks without it hence I thought lemme use this one. Or at least a way to download an older version from the app store"

-------

Try a chat with a Microsoft: https://vsa.services.microsoft.com/en-us/v1.0/

Ask the Microsoft Agent if they have a Microsoft Authenticator App for your iOS version. Elsewise, being so old of a device, I really don't think you can.

Microsoft login problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.