Where is mouse image with battery level on iMac?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 4, 2023 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2023 7:27 AM

Look at the top of your screen. The strip of icons and items from the Apple () on the left to the Time/Date on the right is the Menu Bar.

From Safari (or any other app you run) each textual item on the left half of the Menu Bar drops down a "menu" of actions and items that are available in that app. Icons on the right half give access to things such as display setting, wi-fi and bluetooth options.

If you click the Apple () menu > System Settings > Control Center there should be a box to select to show the Bluetooth icon on the Menu Bar that you can click to check the battery status of your bluetooth devices.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2023 7:27 AM in response to davidrye

Look at the top of your screen. The strip of icons and items from the Apple () on the left to the Time/Date on the right is the Menu Bar.

From Safari (or any other app you run) each textual item on the left half of the Menu Bar drops down a "menu" of actions and items that are available in that app. Icons on the right half give access to things such as display setting, wi-fi and bluetooth options.

If you click the Apple () menu > System Settings > Control Center there should be a box to select to show the Bluetooth icon on the Menu Bar that you can click to check the battery status of your bluetooth devices.

Nov 4, 2023 7:21 AM in response to davidrye

davidrye wrote:

Thank you for this. However, I seem not to have a Menu Bar. I've looked under the Apple Icon (where I found System Preferences which showed me the mouse battery level, so all is well), but I have no idea where it might be if not there.

Sorry. First which version of macOS are you running? If you see the Apple menu then you have a menu bar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.