Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Apple security releases

How do I get my App Store back

My App Store got deleted some how and now I can’t update some of my apps or games 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨😭😭😭😭

Posted on Nov 4, 2023 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2023 9:44 AM

The App Store app is not one of the apps that can be deleted but it can be removed from the Home Screen. Go to the App Library (swipe left past your last Home Screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it to the Home Screen.

Also note the Search window at the top of the App Library.

Another reason for it not being visible is due to a restriction on purchasing. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time, tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap iTunes & App Store Purchases, choose a setting and set to Allow. Also see the following Apple Support article for more information: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2023 9:44 AM in response to slaygirly

The App Store app is not one of the apps that can be deleted but it can be removed from the Home Screen. Go to the App Library (swipe left past your last Home Screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it to the Home Screen.

Also note the Search window at the top of the App Library.

Another reason for it not being visible is due to a restriction on purchasing. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time, tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap iTunes & App Store Purchases, choose a setting and set to Allow. Also see the following Apple Support article for more information: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I get my App Store back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.