Contact birthday does not reflect in the Calendar

I modified an existing contact (added birthday) in the contacts app using my mac mini but the birthday does not reflect in the calendar apps for both mac os as well as iPhone 15.

I am using the same apple id on both these devices and not quite sure what else needs to be checked here. Appreciate some help on this.

Mac mini, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2023 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 1:27 AM

Found the solution. I had to navigate to setting in iphone 15 -> my name -> icloud and then enable 'contacts' for syncing.

Now the contacts that contain birthdays in my mac calendar show up in the contacts and calendar in my iphone 15.

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 4, 2023 1:57 PM in response to skywalker2909

Here are two things to check:

Calendar Birthday settings

Calendar type settings

both are in same screen:

On your phone:

Open Calendar app

at screen bottom click "Calendars"

Under Other look for "birthdays" and toggle the check mark (if on, try off then back on).

Make sure the right overall calendar(s) are visible too.

This is for Apple calendars. I can't say if this works for calendars coming from any third party apps or sources.

Nov 15, 2023 12:00 PM in response to Recycleur

All my contacts birthdays are under the `Birthday` field in the contacts app on my mac.

The funny thing is none of these birthdays are visible in the contacts and calendar apps of my iphone 15 which is signed in with the same apple id as my mac.

And another funny thing is i recently added the birthday of a new contact on my mac and it does not show in the calendar app of my mac.

Contact birthday does not reflect in the Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.