Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Pay Disabled because of security Setting of this Mac were Modified

I am getting the following message on 2021 MacBook Pro 14" with M1 Pro Chip running Sonoma 14.1, but the following fix that I have read about did not fix this issue for me. Anyone can help please, I called support and they are stumped.

Apple Pay has been disabled because the security settings of this Mac were modified" - I have tried this and this has done nothing for me. Go to Software Update/Advanced and uncheck the recheck "Install system data files and security updates."

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Nov 4, 2023 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 5:41 AM

Update, got it fixed by reseting the SIP and reseting the iCloud Keychain Access Key. In conclusion, if you are going to wipe your drive and re-install your backup , remove all your Apple Wallet cards and sign out of iCloud first or you will have to deal with this

4 replies

Mar 24, 2024 12:55 PM in response to DanielSC2010

I found another way to fix this:

Create a 2nd user. Use the same icloud account. Log into that user, and go to system settings/wallet. Try to add, and you'll get something saying that another user on this mac is using apple pay, do you want to delete the cards. Say no.

Log back into the first user. Go back to the system settings/wallet and try to add again. When you get the "do you want to delete", say yes. Then add the cards.

Apple Pay Disabled because of security Setting of this Mac were Modified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.