Apple Watch 6 sync issues with Health app after 10.0 update

Granted I could be missing a setting but based on my watch 6 functioning fine before late September and seeing that no settings were changed, and updates to 10.0 (Sept) and 10.1 (Oct) performed, I am assuming it is OS related. Of course, I rebooted all devices multiple times.

With that said, my watch started having sync issues with my iPhone Health app. All are updated.

1. With the heart rate complication after 10.0 update, my watch face did display it but would not update.

a. After the 10.1 update, it is not displayed on the watch face but if you tap where it used to be, it displays.

Maybe the cloak of invisibility is a new feature. 2. The resting heart rate and walking heart averages are not syncing with the Health app.

a. Oddly, after the 10.0 update, I repaired my watch and it synced for appx. two weeks.

b. After the 10.1 update, I repaired my watch a second time and it synced for three days

3. The basic heart rate function displays normally when activated and also updates normally.

I am currently living with no functionality concerning the stated issues. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 8:46 AM

To Myself,

The heart rate complication display issue apparently was resolved with 10.1.1. Thanks!

The heart rate resting and walking averages however were not update issues. The problem here was in my Fitness settings. It appears these two features are dependent on Fitness. Sooo, it WAS a coincidence that these issues coincided with 10.0 and 10.1. Ooops!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Saltie Dawg

To Myself,

The heart rate complication display issue apparently was resolved with 10.1.1. Thanks!

The heart rate resting and walking averages however were not update issues. The problem here was in my Fitness settings. It appears these two features are dependent on Fitness. Sooo, it WAS a coincidence that these issues coincided with 10.0 and 10.1. Ooops!

Apple Watch 6 sync issues with Health app after 10.0 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.