Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing from ipad to either iphoto or aperture - not working!

Hi,

I have used camera kit to import photos to my ipad previously. There are about 20GB photos (2557 photos). Then I tried to import the photos from ipad back to my iMac (tried both iphoto and aperture 3.0.3).

For iphoto, it is super slow. It has just imported about 200 photos overnight (~8 hrs).

Then I tried aperture 3.0.3. It was fast at first. Then no more photos are imported about around 100 photos have been imported. Seems like the ipad-iMac connection is lost as I cannot find my ipad anymore from import command. I tried to reconnect my ipad but still no lucks.

I can't retrieve photos from my ipad now. Any advices?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Chris

ipad 3.2, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 8:50 PM

6 replies

Aug 21, 2010 10:01 PM in response to chris3388

chris3388 wrote:
Hi,

I have used camera kit to import photos to my ipad previously. There are about 20GB photos (2557 photos). Then I tried to import the photos from ipad back to my iMac (tried both iphoto and aperture 3.0.3).

For iphoto, it is super slow. It has just imported about 200 photos overnight (~8 hrs).

Then I tried aperture 3.0.3. It was fast at first. Then no more photos are imported about around 100 photos have been imported. Seems like the ipad-iMac connection is lost as I cannot find my ipad anymore from import command. I tried to reconnect my ipad but still no lucks.

I can't retrieve photos from my ipad now. Any advices?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Chris

I would suggest that connecting your camera directly to your iMac might have been the more useful way to do this. It's clear that the iPad is not a very good photo management device.

I would open up the Image Capture application on your iMac. You should find it either in Utilities folder or the Applications folder. Transfer the raw files from your iPad directly to your Mac. Then add them to either your Aperture or iPhoto libraries (or both).

Image Capture is a really good program for moving files, I use it all the time.

I hope this helps.

Aug 22, 2010 7:30 AM in response to OrangeMarlin

Thanks OrangeMarlin.

I just tried Image Capture as well. But it said that "camera is disconnecting while importing". And I can still see ipad as connected in itunes so this seems to be an issue while dealing with photos. Is there any timeout or something set? Can I change the value?

I think that it is okay if it is only slow but it is quite unacceptable if I can't import the photos from ipad as this is supposed to be a feature of ipad. Otherwise, I would not buy ipad (with 64GB) and also the camera kit.

Message was edited by: chris3388

Syncing from ipad to either iphoto or aperture - not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.