Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

If I buy a new iPhone with AppleCare+ in Austria, will I be eligible for the services in Hungary?

Hi,

I would like to buy a new iPhone. And also some kind of insurance. The AppleCare+ theft and loss seems a very good option for me, but sadly in my country (Hungary) I can’t buy the AppleCare+ protection. I would like to visit Austria to buy a new phone with the AppleCare+. My questions are:

• Can I buy the AppleCare+ abroad (Austria)? I live in another country (Hungary) and I have no home address there.
  • If yes, and I have the AppleCare+ protection, am I eligible for the services in Hungary (we have official resellers and partners) or I have to travel to Austria if something happens with the phone?
  • What about theft and loss? What if the phone is stolen or lost in another country? Do I have to travel to Austria to get a new phone or can I get a new one here in Hungary?

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 7:37 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2023 8:43 AM in response to Bdan27

AppleCare+ for iPhones (and most other devices) is only for the country where the device was purchased. I think only Mac computers have wider coverage.

AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple (AT)

AppleCare+ for iPhone Terms and conditions - Apple (AT)

AppleCare+ for iPhone with Theft and Loss Insurance Documentation - Apple (AT)

AppleCare products for iPhone are available in these European countries, not others:

If I buy a new iPhone with AppleCare+ in Austria, will I be eligible for the services in Hungary?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.