What webcams (HD+) are compatible with Sonoma 14.1 for Mac Mini?

What webcams for Mac Mini are compatible with Sonoma 14.1? My Logitech 720p is legacy...

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 10:36 AM

There are still a LOT of Webcams that will not work after the 14.1 update, like this Amazon's Choice.

14.1 specifically removed support for any device not using the modern Extension structure.

See this:

If you can't use your camera or video output device after updating to macOS Sonoma 14.1 - Apple Support

This just happened a few weeks ago, so this question is going to come up a lot and that article is the answer. It explains the workaround as well.

Good luck!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 10:36 AM in response to kucha

There are still a LOT of Webcams that will not work after the 14.1 update, like this Amazon's Choice.

14.1 specifically removed support for any device not using the modern Extension structure.

See this:

If you can't use your camera or video output device after updating to macOS Sonoma 14.1 - Apple Support

This just happened a few weeks ago, so this question is going to come up a lot and that article is the answer. It explains the workaround as well.

Good luck!

Apr 9, 2024 5:36 PM in response to socokid

See this: I ordered that webcam and it doesn't work with 14.4.1. Behaves the same way my old Amcrest webcams do. Black box where the image should be. Both this Anker you suggest and my two Amcrest webcams work fine with Ventura. So it's not the cameras.

[Edited by Moderator]

What webcams (HD+) are compatible with Sonoma 14.1 for Mac Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.