Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Unable to start Mastering Assistant

When I click Mastering on my Stereo Out, it does nothing and stays greyed out. When I select Mastering Assistant from the Mix menu, it also does nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this frustration and/or find a solution?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2023 8:53 AM

I have found that the Mastering Assistant will not work if ANY of the outputs are anything but stereo out. That being said... it appears Mastering Assistant only works in Stereo Out format. Hope this helps.

Xico

Similar questions

10 replies

Nov 7, 2023 12:29 PM in response to Iaamusic

I have a 2017 15" 2.9Hz i7 MBP.

I did figure out that if you remove all other plugins from Stereo Out, then Mastering Assistant will then become available. In the support article it shows a screenshot utilizing a compressor just before Mastering Assistant, but removing all of that is the only solution I've found for making it work.

Jan 2, 2024 5:43 AM in response to travisham

Since the Mastering Assistant needs to control the output, no, you can't put anything there before using it. It needs to apply units based on its analysis of your work. You can do tweak it all afterwards. So, you can master the piece yourself manually and be done, or you can use Mastering Assistant FIRST and then tweak afterwards, but not really do both in that manner.

Unable to start Mastering Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.