key not installed correctly

This key came broken on my new MacBook Pro, is there a way to fix it without going back to the Apple Store?

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 4:41 PM

4 replies

Nov 7, 2023 9:12 PM in response to J_rubritz

J_rubritz Said:

"key not installed correctly: This key came broken on my new MacBook Pro, is there a way to fix it without going back to the Apple Store?"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Why Risk a Faulty Device?:

Hold it right there!  Stop fiddling with the device, and return it or get this serviced. Having fiddled with it, I'm not so certain Apple would replace the screen (being it would be considered intentional damage --but that's Apple's call).

Getting this Serviced by Apple:

A. Genius Bar Appointment:

Take this into Apple. Ask Apple Support about this when calling them. Have Apple look into this. Start by contacting Apple***, and request that a Genius Bar Appointment be reserved. You would take this to your Local Apple Store, during which the screen and all other necessities would be looked at.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

B. Send-In Service:

With the Coronavirus going around, your local Apple Store may not be open at this very moment. So, send-in service is what you would use. So, while on the phone, ask the Apple Rep if mail-in service is an available option for you to send this in for service.  See my User Tip from almost 2 years ago!: Coronavirus Pandemic - Why Your Streaming May be Down at the Moment - Apple Support

key not installed correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.