You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs in Playlists Greyed Out - But play OK when browse / search?

Hi there

Annoying issue that I see lots of people have but have not seen a resolution that works

I have an Apple Music subscription - works fine - I can browse the catalog and play songs etc problemo (see image 1 - song plays ok when browsed search Apple Music for the song)

BUT

Some songs (not all) when I add them to a playlist I create are greyed out/won't play (see image 2 - song greyed out won't play in playlist)

This happens in iTunes on Mac and also on my phone - same thing

Any suggestion to resolve this would be great...

Thanks

Thanks

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 10:16 PM

1 reply

Dec 21, 2023 12:20 PM in response to pelagos

I have a similar problem, slightly different. I have a Christmas Playlist, if I try to play it (let's say shuffled) the greyed-out songs will not play. If I click on a greyed-out song it plays, but when finished it jumps to the next not greyed-out song.

However, If I go to the "Listen Now" selection under Apple Music in the left menu, select the Listen Now > Recently Played > Christmas Playlist, and play or shuffle from that all songs are there and none are greyed out.

This appears to be a MAC only issue with the music application, everything is fine in iOS on phone.

Steve

Songs in Playlists Greyed Out - But play OK when browse / search?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.