I’m about to do an in-store MacBook Pro trade; do I need to include the power supply?

I’m about to do an in-store MacBook Pro trade; do I need to include the power supply?

Posted on Nov 8, 2023 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2023 1:55 AM

Hello,

When trading in your MacBook Pro at the Apple Store, you do not need to include the power adapter. The trade-in value is for the MacBook itself and any accessories are not required.

The store will inspect and evaluate the condition of the MacBook Pro itself to provide you with a fair trade-in value based on the model year and hardware configuration. As long as the MacBook powers on and functions normally, the AC power adapter is not needed for the trade-in process.

If you do bring in the original Apple power adapter, the store will return it to you. They recycle traded-in MacBook Pros, so do not need the charger. It is best to keep your power adapter for use with your new MacBook.

To get the most accurate trade-in estimate, be sure to use Apple's online trade-in tool prior to visiting the store. Provide accurate details on your MacBook's specs and condition. Also, remember to back up your data and sign out of Find My Mac beforehand.

Thank you!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2023 1:55 AM in response to gasman457

Hello,

When trading in your MacBook Pro at the Apple Store, you do not need to include the power adapter. The trade-in value is for the MacBook itself and any accessories are not required.

The store will inspect and evaluate the condition of the MacBook Pro itself to provide you with a fair trade-in value based on the model year and hardware configuration. As long as the MacBook powers on and functions normally, the AC power adapter is not needed for the trade-in process.

If you do bring in the original Apple power adapter, the store will return it to you. They recycle traded-in MacBook Pros, so do not need the charger. It is best to keep your power adapter for use with your new MacBook.

To get the most accurate trade-in estimate, be sure to use Apple's online trade-in tool prior to visiting the store. Provide accurate details on your MacBook's specs and condition. Also, remember to back up your data and sign out of Find My Mac beforehand.

Thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.