Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Siri lock phone with "Whose phone is this" doesn't work

Looking at multiple articles it looks like some variation of asking Siri "Whose phone is this" would cause a contact information to show, and force passcode rather than face ID for next unlock. I'm trying this with iOS 17.1.1 on iPhone 15 Max and regardless how I formulate it, it allows me to unlock with face ID, and doesn't require passcode.

Is this feature still available? Is this region specific? Any specific configuration to enable it? Or any other term that would cause iPhone to require passcode without physical access to hold the power and sound buttons together?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 8, 2023 1:39 PM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2023 5:47 AM in response to Avi_1325

It's not about telling me the owners name - this works - I'm trying to make sure after this sentence you cannot unlock phone with Face ID and you need to put passcode in, as many online articles suggest possible, but regardless of sentence, after it tells me owners name, it still allows to unlock with face id.

Siri lock phone with "Whose phone is this" doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.