Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

SENDING PHOTOS IN IMESSAGES AND TEXTS TO ANDOID AND APPLE USERS

I have been having issues for a very long time sending texts & messages to android and now Apple users. I looked and there are multiple people with the same issue. The so called "fix" does NOTHING>. APPLE, WHEN are you going to fix this. This is an old problem. Several years. If I send an email no one sees it for over a week. I want to be able to text my pictueres that Apple is of over the moon with. If we can't send them why have an apple phone. I can get an android and everyone gets them. I am angry. This is an old issue and experienced by many many people. Is it some kind of proprietary issue?? Sadly, I can't send a funny YouTube birthday greeting to my grandson. 😡

Mac mini, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 10:20 AM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2023 10:20 AM in response to cwatson50

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Nov 9, 2023 9:16 AM in response to cwatson50

cwatson50 wrote:

The so called "fix" does NOTHING>. APPLE, WHEN are you going to fix this.

What "fix" is that?

What happens when you try to send a photo to an Android or new Apple user?

Are some recipients able to receive your photos? How are they different from those you're having problems with?

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

What model and year Mac do your have?

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Nov 9, 2023 9:33 AM in response to Old Toad

The "fix" was closing out messages. Going to library & removing all instances with the extension of DM. Nothing.

I hv not done a clean on my Mac mini 2018 but updated Monterey this AM.

Yes in rare instances ppl receive pics in spite of the message saying message not delivered. I hv sent to some who hv new iPhones, some a little older, some to androids. Funny the androids senders are always successful.

I have NO idea of how they are different. I tried different formats. Which made no difference. Are settings on each individual phones the issue? Are there settings that prevent certain content?

I don't run clean up programs and do have a free Malware program.

I have about 25% of storage left. I can't imagine that is an issue in other people receiving my messages. It would be the other person's storage.

Nov 9, 2023 12:40 PM in response to Old Toad

You nailed it. After so much frustration!!! There are so many more who are experiencing this issue. I hope this gets broadcasted all over. The only caveat was that I sent one text to an android. while it was delivered it did say ti was NOT in big red letters. Thank you sooo much for your help!! And I will periodically turn on Safe Mode in the future. 🥰

SENDING PHOTOS IN IMESSAGES AND TEXTS TO ANDOID AND APPLE USERS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.