Numbers .... How to calculate 290 minutes (for example) to days, hours and minutes?

How to convert 290 minutes (for example) to days, hours and minutes?

What to put as a formula in B2 here?:

I like to enter minutes as numbers as I have done in this example (total of 290):

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 11:37 AM

Open the Format sidebar with the paintbrush in the toolbar. Type = in a cell and the list of functions will fill the sidebar. Look for functions in the category Duration, and in particular function DURATION. Click on it then click on Insert Function.

You'll get that (I already clicked on the bubble minutes then on the cell containing 80)

To format as you want:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2023 11:37 AM in response to Norwegian_Macfan68

Open the Format sidebar with the paintbrush in the toolbar. Type = in a cell and the list of functions will fill the sidebar. Look for functions in the category Duration, and in particular function DURATION. Click on it then click on Insert Function.

You'll get that (I already clicked on the bubble minutes then on the cell containing 80)

To format as you want:

Nov 10, 2023 1:30 PM in response to Norwegian_Macfan68

1) enter the durations as such. What I mean is rather than typing "80", type "80m" for 80 minutes

2) then in the selected cell you have highlighted grey type the formula: "=sum(A1:A6)"

the result will be a duration which you can format as needed using the cell formatter:

you may enter the durations as "80m" or "90m" (without the double quotes. The cell will display the duration based on your formatting selections

Numbers .... How to calculate 290 minutes (for example) to days, hours and minutes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.