Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Logic Pro X 10.8 recording latencies

Was running macOS Ventura with previous version of Logic Pro X (10.7.8 or whatever). Running on a MacBook Pro 2018 or 2019 Intel version. Was happily recording music for last couple years through a Focusrite. One day everything was fine. Next day Logic Pro X updated automatically to 10.8 and now all my audio inputs have a noticeable delay on recording. It's unusable. I changed nothing else. I tried restarting everything including the laptop. No change. I went ahead and installed macOS Sonoma. No change. Anyone else having this issue? Seems like other related performance issues with 10.8 on the forums possibly.

MacBook Pro specs:

2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 8:49 AM

Had the same latency issue. Seems to have something to do with the Mastering Assistant. I solved it by deleting the Mastering Assistant completely when recording, then adding it on afterward. Everything was fine then.

Similar questions

8 replies

Nov 10, 2023 7:33 PM in response to Pancenter

Appreciate it, but no, I did not save a copy. Never have done that before. I do have recent Time Machine backups, will need to check to see if I can restore it from there.

Per turn off auto updates, I changed my settings. I left the check on and the auto download on, but turned off auto install of apps or macOS updates. Hoping that is correct.

Logic Pro X 10.8 recording latencies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.