Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Song on iPhone not in iTunes

I got all songs on my iPhone, Some I downloaded from my own purchased CDs. However, My new iPad has a lot of them missing and iTunes have them greyed out. My iPhone songs all work. Lots of suggestions say to sync iPhone to iTunes. HOWEVER, I'm worried if I sync my iPhone to iTunes then it will mess up my iPhone music songs and not fix my iTunes. Not sure what take priority when syncing iTunes or iPhone. Will my current iPhone songs be safe or will iTunes mess them all up like in iTunes and iPad? If syncing isn't a safe option, then what is the best way to recover lost music on iTunes From my iPhone? Thanks

iPhone 4s, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 10:59 PM

Only songs Not grayed out are apple purchased songs, aren’t they?

Hate to say it, but those songs are about to be lost forever. Whatever you do, DO NOT Sync your IPhone. Apple does NOT want you to have those songs, so if you sync, your lost them forever. What you need to do is find a program on your

computer that can at least save them on your computer if you want to keep them. As far as keeping them on your IPhone, it a matter of time before apple finds them and deletes them. Never use iTunes, that is only a store to buy stuff from apple. If you sync and apple does not have a receipt or record of songs bought from only them, it will delete them.. If you have the songs on CDs, then the are ways to play them on your iPhone, but it will

have to be through a 3rd party app only

Good Luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 10:59 PM in response to Onlyhertohelp

Hate to say it, but those songs are about to be lost forever. Whatever you do, DO NOT Sync your IPhone. Apple does NOT want you to have those songs, so if you sync, your lost them forever. What you need to do is find a program on your

computer that can at least save them on your computer if you want to keep them. As far as keeping them on your IPhone, it a matter of time before apple finds them and deletes them. Never use iTunes, that is only a store to buy stuff from apple. If you sync and apple does not have a receipt or record of songs bought from only them, it will delete them.. If you have the songs on CDs, then the are ways to play them on your iPhone, but it will

Good Luck.

Nov 14, 2023 10:57 PM in response to I not Y

Good Luck.

Song on iPhone not in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.