why did my mouse changed its names to 68-fe-f752-ff-fb from magic mouse and now will not charge

why did my mouse changed its names to 68-fe-f752-ff-fb from magic mouse and now will not charge

iMac 27″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 10:50 AM

9 replies

Nov 12, 2023 11:41 AM in response to Ingo2711

My mouse and keyboard are, in fact, charging. But they have these strange names and I didn't know which was the mouse and which was the keyboard.

It used to say Magic Mouse. Now it says 68-fe-f7 52-ff-fb

It used to say main keyboard. Now it says some strange name like 98-46-oa-se-08-06.

But they are charging, I just didn't know which was the mouse and which was the keyboard.

I would like to change the names back to Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard in the menu bar.

The names are correct in the bluetooth menu item.

I am using an app called iSta to get them displayed in the menu bar

Nov 12, 2023 12:16 PM in response to tomac14

These strange names seem to be the bluetooth address identifiers for your devices.

Did you try to remove the number/letter names from the list of know devices? You can do that by right clicking on the name in the Bluetooth settings in the System Preferences.

If the names are correct in the Bluetooth menu bar in the Finder, does your iStats app support macOS 14.1 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.