Transferring data from old iPad to new ipad

I received a new iPad on Friday and started the QuickStart process. All was going well until the new iPad needed an iOS update. Took hours to download the iOS and install wouldn’t start. Tried a bunch of things and finally got the iOS installed but now I don’t know how to get the data transfer going again. I know the new iPad has reset and erase all option, which may or may not get it ready for QuickStart. I don’t want to lose the new iOS and descend into that particular **** again. What are my options? Old iPad is 7th gen. New is 10.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 9:08 AM

Having updated your new iPad to the most recent version of iPadOS, to restart the QuickStart process, you simply need to reset the new iPad from settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

While this reset will completely erase and reset the iPad, the installed version of iPadOS will not be affected in any way.

After performing the reset, you can begin the setup process from the initial "hello" page. Bring your old any new iPad close together to trigger QuickStart; keeping both devices connected to their respective Power Adapters will help with the transfer process.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Spicesmom

Having updated your new iPad to the most recent version of iPadOS, to restart the QuickStart process, you simply need to reset the new iPad from settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

While this reset will completely erase and reset the iPad, the installed version of iPadOS will not be affected in any way.

After performing the reset, you can begin the setup process from the initial "hello" page. Bring your old any new iPad close together to trigger QuickStart; keeping both devices connected to their respective Power Adapters will help with the transfer process.

Transferring data from old iPad to new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.