My iPhone shows different Wi-Fi name when trying to type the password

Hello, I hope you are very well. My problem is that my iPhone shows different Wi-Fi name when trying to type the password. When I long press the wifi icon at the control center in order to connect to a wifi network, and then i tap on a wifi to connect, a password screen will pop-up like usual. But it shows different wifi name (apparently that is a wifi that I have connected to like year ago). I already 'forget the network', restart the iphone, and reset the network settings and followed all the instructions on the get support apple page but nothing happens. It still will show the old wifi name when I want to connect to any wifi by using the method stated above. Please I need help, I would really appreciate it if you could give me a solution

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 4:08 PM

Thank you, but I've already tried all that and the same thing is still happening. The error is still there, when selecting any network it shows me the name of an old network that I used a year ago approximately hundreds of kilometers away from where I am.

10 replies

Nov 19, 2023 4:39 PM in response to soylexie

soylexie Said:

"Thank you, but I've already tried all that and the same thing is still happening. The error is still there, when selecting any network it shows me the name of an old network that I used a year ago approximately hundreds of kilometers away from where I am"

-------

Use "Forget This Network":

Do you no longer need these networks? If so, "Forget" the network: How to Forget a Wi-Fi Network on iPhone, iPad, or Mac - Apple Support

Nov 14, 2023 6:30 PM in response to soylexie

soylexie Said:

"My iPhone shows different Wi-Fi name when trying to type the password: [...] It still will show the old wifi name when I want to connect to any wifi by using the method stated above. Please I need help, I would really appreciate it if you could give me a solution"

-------

If a Diferent Wi-Fi Name Shows:

A. Restart your Router:

Power off your router for 30 seconds, and then power it back on.

B. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

May 24, 2024 12:44 AM in response to soylexie

I'm having the exact issue described by soylexie. I'm using an iphone 12 mini. Last November I was in Japan and connected to the Shinkansen wifi 0dakyu_Free_Wi-Fi on the train. Now, every time I try to connect to a wifi via the System Services menu, it doesn't matter what wifi point I connect to as it will try to connect to 0dakyu_Free_Wi-Fi. I'm currently in Sicily and not Japan, yet it's still trying with 100% reproduction rate to connect to the train's wifi. I have also gone through all the steps to forget the network and reset network settings.

See screenshot attached. This is me trying to connect to a local wifi point in Sicily.

My iPhone shows different Wi-Fi name when trying to type the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.