Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Finding my music

I haven't accessed my Apple account in a couple of years and now I can't find the library where my music was saved. The music I purchased and the albums and cd's I saved. Are they gone forever or just really well hidden? I am no technology expert and the only Apple device I own is my little square Apple Nano iPod, which I love and will never upgrade. Can anyone help?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2023 1:26 AM

Saved where? You will have used iTunes to add the music to your iPod, so all that music should still be in your iTunes Library on your computer.

Open iTunes (on your computer) and see whether your music is listed there. If you have deleted your iTunes programme, the music would not have been deleted (unless you did so), so use Windows Explorer to look in the My Music folder. In there should be an iTunes folder and there will be an iTunes Media folder(or possibly iTunes Music). In this lowest sub-folder will be your music, arranged by artist and then album title.

Folders are: Music / iTunes \ iTunes Media \ <artist name> \ <album title> \ <song name>

Once you find that collection, you should ensure that you back it up, to prevent losing it if your computer fails.

If you have deleted iTunes, download it again and install it on your computer. iTunes - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2023 1:26 AM in response to SleeplessMN

Saved where? You will have used iTunes to add the music to your iPod, so all that music should still be in your iTunes Library on your computer.

Open iTunes (on your computer) and see whether your music is listed there. If you have deleted your iTunes programme, the music would not have been deleted (unless you did so), so use Windows Explorer to look in the My Music folder. In there should be an iTunes folder and there will be an iTunes Media folder(or possibly iTunes Music). In this lowest sub-folder will be your music, arranged by artist and then album title.

Folders are: Music / iTunes \ iTunes Media \ <artist name> \ <album title> \ <song name>

Once you find that collection, you should ensure that you back it up, to prevent losing it if your computer fails.

If you have deleted iTunes, download it again and install it on your computer. iTunes - Apple

Finding my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.