You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the cleanup app safe to use on iPhone?

Is cleanup app safe to use on iphone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 15, 2023 1:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Thank you

i am trying to use this app “ cleanup” to remove the duplicate in contact and photos as i am getting limited storage

4 replies

Nov 15, 2023 7:16 AM in response to faisalaln

faisalaln wrote:

Is cleanup app safe to use on iphone

Apps on iPhone and iPad are not allowed access to the files and data of other apps, which means that any add-on “security” apps can’t “scan”, and “cleaning” apps can’t “clean”.

Allowing add-on security apps or add-on cleaning apps that access would allow those apps to also cause corruptions, to potentially undermine caching performance, quite possibly to waste storage (“memory cleaning” apps that defeat caching waste memory and cost performance), and would open up opportunities for malware.

Websites can’t “scan” your device, either.

And the first-few-hops VPN apps badly solve problems you don’t have and that haven’t existed for a decade or so, while also centralizing your activities and your personally-identified metadata for collection and processing.

Nov 15, 2023 8:19 AM in response to fa227

fa227 wrote:

i am trying to use this app “ cleanup” to remove the duplicate in contact and photos as i am getting limited storage

Apple offers both of those features with iOS 17, and the iPhone 13 from the footer is supported with iOS 17.

Merge duplicate photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support

Get rid of duplicate contacts on iPhone - Apple Support

All of your contacts data combined are probably smaller than a handful of your photos, or one of your videos. Contacts data are tiny.

Is the cleanup app safe to use on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.